The town hall building is one of the oldest in Bizkaia, despite the fact that it has undergone a series of reforms that have changed its appearance considerably.
The murals on the exterior are the most notable feature, and give it such a special character.
These paintings, restored after the Civil War, are copies of the originals of 1772 by Ignacio de Zumárraga inspired by "La Comedie Française".
The Town Hall was built in the XVI century.
As a result of the extensive damage suffered during the bombardment in the Civil War, it was rebuilt and extended in 1945.
In the square in front of the building we see a plaque on the pavement showing a plan of the town in 1857, the work of Coelho.